Saturday, November 29, 2008

The last two weeks, and Quantum of Solace

Hi,

I have been a busy fella.

In work I have been told that they are advertising the job I have been doing for the last year as a permanent position (I had been covering a maternity leave) and this post will be internally advertised only.

This is a good thing for me.

I have told the rest of the RISPACS team that I would be happy to give them references for the position, but I think no one else will apply. This means that, bar me threatening to kill people at my interview, I should have a good chance of being made permanent.

Which Is Nice!

The job is starting to get interesting at the moment. We are implementing a major project in the early part of next year, and another major project at the end of next year, both of which I will be heavily involved with.

I have also been recording with the band, and rehearsing for a couple of gigs next week. I am excited about putting all of the ideas I have for our songs onto disk, and hearing how they go. I can't do this live, as I don't have 6 arms.

So after a hectic 14 days, I took us all to see Quantum of Solace, the new 007 film.

I would recommend it.

Daniel Craig is superb, the script is sharp. The action painful, and the story has heart. It also has one of the best and most cathartic endings in any action-er I have ever seen. Well worth your 10 bucks.

It has been Thanksgiving week, and it has been a curiously flat affair. Last year, lots of chatter on the net, this year, little. I think maybe that the economy is dampening the enthusiasm, or maybe the election has exhausted everyone.

No worries here mind, NZ has an economy based mainly on food and other agriculture, so financial crashes, whilst they will affect us, do so less powerfully than the UK or USA. Still, my best wishes go out to those who are suffering economic hardship, may you find better times soon.

I have been bemused by the piracy happening off the coast of Africa. I flew over there earlier this year on the way to Dubai. The aircraft (A450, great plane) had downward facing cameras, so you could watch the ground go by.

I counted 3 F15's, 2 F-16 and an A10. That's just when I was looking, and they all flew directly under my plane.

Someone wants the price of oil up, and now that the Iraqi's seem to be getting it back together, this happens. Coincidence? Answers on a postcard please...

Be Good

No comments: