Friday, December 12, 2008

A Week Off

How are you all?

I have a week off. Nothing planned, nothing to do, no one to see, just chillin'

I have to go into work on Monday to hand in my application form for the job I have been doing for the last year. They hope to have this all sorted by Christmas, and I am hopeful that they will.

Nicky, the previous PACS Administrator came back to work this week, and had her first day in PACS. She has had way more experience that I have had, and was there to set up the service. 

I hope that I can use that level of expertise to the advantage of the service, as I am bound to have made, and continue to make mistakes, in fact she pointed out one or two on Friday, which I will fix, and I am truly grateful for another set of eyes on things. 

It can't be easy for her to come into an area where she has been instrumental in setting up, to find I have moved in and changed the decor and furniture. She told me that she would rather not still be in PACS, but finance preclude her just doing MRI and general work. 

Needless to say when she speaks, I will listen hard, but ultimately I am responsible, and the final decision on anything rests with me.

Otherwise, I will use the week to sort out presents, and get in touch with those that matter to me. 

Being to far away from my family and friends, Christmas isn't a good time. I am by nature forgetful and lazy, and I hate conversing over the telephone. Hense Christmas cards don't get sent, letters don't get written, and I feel like a heel for not making the effort. 

I will try to be better this year. I also don' like the way that Christmas sneaks up on you, and suddenly you have missed the last post to the UK. Bugger

Finally, we should remember what christmas actually is all about..celebrating the birth of a Jewish pacifist who was brutally killed by being nailed to a lump of wood by a bunch of evil Italians while all his mates looked on and did nothing. Which is of course best celebrated with an obscene spending spree, drunkenness and gluttony. 

Dyspeptic? Moi?




No comments: