Saturday, January 3, 2009

2008.

Hi, 
2009 will have to go some to beat the awesome year I was blessed with. Career wise I couldn't have had it any better, and am now sitting in the job that I always coveted. All I have to do is not screw up, which may be harder than it sounds!

My family is great, I am privelidged to be the Father to a super like soul, and Husband to a wonderful woman, who is loved by all who know her. I just sit around in the reflected glow of her popularity, and get to talk to her friends' husbands. Which is aboult as much sovial interaction as I am comfortable with.

I fulfilled 3 long term ambitions this year, traveling to the USA, Australia and seeing Bruce live. I spent 4 great weeks with my extended family, and all my brilliant mates. I got to bore Ieuan, talking about the frankly brilliant sights on display at the v&a, science and natural history museums.

Things I learned? I was not a good choice to be department manager, having seen Paula (my Boss) do it, I know that I would have been hopeless. 

LA isn't nice, Chicago is (though I did meet a very nice Angelino who talked us through how to use the Metro, stunning job mate!) 

Americans are not as dumb as the rest of the World thinks they are (Hello President Obama), and the old politics are dead (horray).

2009? Well some things don't change (Colts are out of the postseason) and some things do (The Caedinals? Really?) and that a webcam set up in a room full of your family is a surprisingly satisfying 2nd best to actually being there.

So there you go. Resolutions? Stop drinking. (2 days now) and blog more.

So there you are. See ya. 

No comments: