Saturday, September 10, 2011

Creativity, Sport and Alcohol

Hi,
I can't remember who said it (though I think it was Winston Churchill) but you haven't lived if you haven't been a poet at least once in your life. I have written a lot of poetry, some of it very bad indeed.

Here is my poetic thoughts on last nights England/Argentina Rugby game

All together, we are friends we all
To prey at the church of the oval ball
We have the nibbles, we have the brew
Dead animals cook on the barbecue
by 8:30, we are in the mood
Chock full of beer, bellies full of food
What can possibly spoil this scene?
England are playing the Argentine

This game is played at a sleepy snails pace
Plenty of kick, but precious little chase
There is no flair, no one can deny
Its more interesting watching paint dry
A dire game, kill the lights, make it dark
Steriod-fuelled morons strolling in the park
Why cant both sides look at themselves and see
This game's a crime against Humanity

Stop this game, of thee all I beg
I'm so bored I could chew off my leg
You killed this game, no flair, no art
You brainless morons should stick to darts.

As you an guess I didn't enjoy the game.

Personally if winning Rugby looks like this, I'm glad the Welsh lose.


No comments: