Saturday, May 17, 2008

Childern growing up old friends growing older...

Hi,

I don't know how many of you out there have Facebook, but I do. I am not a particular fan of it, as I don't see the point of getting fairy wings or being a time-lord or some such rubbish, but a load of my old mates and family are on there so I am.

I clicked a few of the guys this morning to say hi, and I checked out a couple of photographs. Kids I remember playing with Lego are now handsome young men and beautiful young women. People I remember as hot 20 somethings are now resembling their parents.

I looked in the mirror this morning and a tired looking, greying old man looked back at me "Soft in the middle, and the rest of my life is so hard" Mind you, I am ill at the moment. A cold if you must know (but I suspect dengue fever (I also woke with an increadibly painful wrist, which means I am typing this left handed)).

I have never chased youth. I am not one of these 40 year old who wishes he was 27 again. (Actually I wouldn't mind getting my 27 year old body back, but that's just time and hard work) and I believe that I am a better man now than I have been before. I just wish that time would stand still, and stop messing with me.

I also know that one day I will write this blog, substituting parents for grandparents, and children for grandchildren and eventually one day I won't write no more, and neither will anyone I read and enjoy. That seems a waste to me, but that more that likely is just egocentric arrogance.

There is no point to this post, I have a sore neck, a painful wrist, and I don't want to grow up. Thanks for listening.

(ps well done if you got the numerous Rush references through out this blog)

No comments: