Saturday, July 19, 2008

Back in the UK (Bruce)

Hi,
I like Bruce Springsteen. I was introduced to "Tha Boss" by my mate Gary, who is a massive Springsteen fan, and has been forever. I like him because he is just one of the greatest lyricists and songwriters there has ever been. So when Gary got me a ticket to see him in Cardiff for my 40th, I was like a dog with 2 cocks.

My enthusiasm was tempered by the knowledge that Gary was ill. Not dying ill, but in a shed load of pain continuously kind of ill. He promised me that he wouldn't miss the Boss for the world, and that Gary Me and Andy (good bloke) would be together screaming ourselves hoarse like 2 teenage girls.

It didn't work out like that. Gary was unable to be the third man here. All I can say is that he must be in a lot of pain.

So we roped my Brother-In -Law in tow and off we went.
I am not going to give a blow by blow here. Needless to say the experience bordered on the religious. Only spoiled slightly by drunk people talking during the show.

Surprisingly, it wasn't like the ear bleedingly load shows I have seen in the past (Metallica and Iron Maiden where really loud) but it was the best musically.

The guy is a star, and a one off.

Gary furnished me with the entire back catalogue, and I have been driving everyone nuts by playing it in work and the car. Do I care? Not really.

In parting, if you get the chance to see Bruce Springsteen in concert, just do it. You might surprise yourself

Be Good

No comments: