Sunday, July 20, 2008

Back In The UK-The Final Chapter

Hi,

So after the brilliance of Bruce we had 10 days to go until the plane back home, and we spent it doing what we actually went back to the UK for, seeing Family, Friends and people that we love.

So there is little to talk about really.

My mates Gary, Leighton and their Families are as great as they ever were. My own Family are lovely (Even when they argue) my old mates at The Princess of Wales Hospital are awesome and the UK is not the best place for any of them. Its in NZ, Napier to be exact. They agree with me, but they don't seem to be here so they can't agree with me that much. Oh well, never mind eh?

I didn't get to see Leeds play, due to an unfortunate mess up on the last week, so it was with mixed emotions that I got on the 27 hour flight to come home. My time in the UK told me that, whatever advantages we have in a big country like Britain (no sniggering at the back Americans) the downside is too steep for me to countenance returning.

The downside is that apart from my mates, and cheap electronics, and Bruce once every 4 years there is nothing there for me. Sad really.

So what did we gain? My Son is now an avid Dr Who fan, and he has seen the wonder of on demand free TV (BBCi player, which we can't get in NZ! Damn you BBC!) I got cool stuff for my Birthday, and a £5 haircut from David's in Neath. Plus 2 pairs of glasses for £100 sweet! Ieuan got lots of Games for the X-Box, and Jacqui has had a reminder that 4 Adults into 1, 2 bedroom house doesn't go.

I have always felt like a foreigner, so I suppose I am happier being foreign in a land that is foreign to me than feeling foreign in a land where I am supposed to be at home. Weird eh? but so am I. So that's OK then I suppose.

Back to pontificating about stuff I can't change soon, until then be good

No comments: